As the name suggests, the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs (OSHP) Advanced Skills sessions will feature top instructors delivering group instruction and pushing competitive-calibre players through advanced skill development drills.
Players should be capable of demonstrating a high level of focus (coachability) and be comfortable being pushed to execute drills properly and at whatever pace is asked by our coaches.
Sessions will cover topics such as (but not limited to):
- Skating: Forwards stride, Backwards Stride, Starts, Stops, Lateral Mobility, Cross-overs, Cross-unders, quick feet
- Edge work: increasing balance, agility, and stride efficiency
- Puck control: open-ice, and tight spaces
- Shooting: quick-release, off-balance, and more
- For competitive (and Novice House A) players born 2006 to 2012
- Players will be separated (where necessary) by age/ability for station work
- Sessions led by elite instructors, including Hanna Turpeinen, and more.
- Pre-registration required (click the ‘REGISTER NOW’ button above to reserve)
- Limited space available for each session.
- Cost: $209
DATES & TIMES
- Session 1: Wednesday, September 9, 16, 23, 30 at 5:15 p.m.
- Session 2: Thursday, September 10, 17, 24, October 1 at 5:15 p.m.
- Session 3: (2006-2009) Saturday, September 12, 19, 26, October 3 at 10 a.m.
- *Please note the session on September 19 will take place at 11:30 a.m.
- *Please note the session on October 3 will take place at 9 a.m.
- Session 4: (2009-2012) Saturday, September 12, 19, 26, October 3 at 11 a.m.
- *Please note the session on September 19 will take place at 12:30 p.m.
- *Please note the session on October 3 will take place at 10 a.m.
- Session 1: Tuesday, September 8, 15, 22, 29 at 5:15 p.m.
- Session 2: Saturday, September 12, 19, 26, October 3 at 9:15 a.m.
- Session 3: Sunday, September 13, 20, 27, October 4 at 2 p.m.
All of our hockey programs require full equipment to be provided by the parent/guardian. No child shall participate without: Hockey skates, CSA- approved helmet (with cage), neck guard, shoulder pads, elbow pads, hockey pants, jock or jill, shin pads, hockey gloves and a hockey stick. Mouth guards are optional.
Please call 613 599 0222, or email [email protected] for more information regarding schedule. E-mails with scheduling and general information go out one week prior to the start date.
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As a result of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, the Sensplex facilities have instituted specific COVID-19 protocols to be followed by all participants and spectators. Please click here to see a list of new protocols.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.
Registration Link: Click here to register for the OSHP Advanced Skills Session of your choice!