The screening form above, must be filled out by participants in Sensplex programs. External ice users will conduct their own screening. This means that unless you are participating in a Sensplex program, filling out this form is no longer required to enter. You should contact the person organizing your ice time for information on their screening process.
Important Notice: Vaccination Requirement
The Province of Ontario has announced that, as of September 22, 2021, individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days) and provide their proof of vaccination, along with a valid government-issued ID, to access particular public settings and facilities. This approach focuses on higher-risk, indoor public settings where face coverings cannot always be worn and therefore includes sports and fitness facilities – except for youth recreational sports. Therefore, starting Wednesday, September 22nd, all patrons entering the Sensplex facilities will be checked to ensure that they comply with these provincial guidelines. Please have proof of vaccination as well as a valid government-issued ID ready to present at the front of the facility prior to entry.
Exceptions include, but are not limited to:
- All participants 17 years of age and under.
- All patrons or visitors 11 years of age and under.
- Patrons who provide a written document, completed and supplied by a physician stating that the individual is exempt for a medical reason from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the effective time-period for the medical reason.
If a patron refuses to show proof of vaccination without proof of an exemption outlined above, by law, they are not permitted to enter the facility.
If you have not already seen the information on vaccination requirements released by the province, you can find the links here:
It is important to note that teams, associations, and rental clients continue to remain responsible for the daily COVID screening of all their participants, and must keep a record of each session for a minimum of 30 days. It is also still mandatory for any patron participating in a Sensplex program to fill out the online screening form prior to entry into the facility.
- The Sensplex and its employees will not retain any information provided by a patron in regards to vaccination records.
- If a patron states they are fully vaccinated but do not have a valid form of proof on their person, they can access their vaccine record at https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca/.
- Patrons may show the physical receipt that they received at the time of vaccination, or the electronic copy, which would have been emailed to them or can be downloaded via the link above.
- Accepted Types of ID:
- Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Card
- Driver’s License
- Government Issued ID Card (Ontario or other)
- Indian Status Card/Indigenous Membership Card
- Permanent Residence Card
Current Sensplex COVID-19 Protocols
- Entry Time
- Participants may enter 45 minutes before their ice time.
- Spectators may enter 10 minutes before the ice time. Only parents/guardians assisting their child in preparing for their activity may enter earlier.
- Participants in Sensplex Programs (including SSHD, Hockey Camps, Hockey Clinics, OSAHL, Youth Leagues, Tournaments, Summer AAA League, and other programs TBD). Participants in Sensplex programs must fill out the daily COVID-19 screening form. Sensplex staff (screener) must verify that this form has been filled out before entry is granted.
- Other users are responsible for their own screening. Sensplex staff (screener) do not need to verify any screening.
- Spectators are permitted in the arena.
- If they are accompanying someone that is part of a Sensplex program, their name should be on the screening form.
- Only parents/guardians assisting their child in preparing for their activity may enter earlier than 10 minutes prior to the activity.
- Spectators must depart the arena or proceed to Stanley’s immediately after the ice time concludes.
- Capacity (Playing Area)
- No more than 60 people associated with each rental, but there are only 40 designated spots that are permitted to go on the ice.
- PRACTICE/SHINNY/SKILL DEVELOPMENT/FIGURE SKATING – The 40 people associated with the rental are permitted on the ice, includes players, skaters, coaches, etc.
- GAMES – The 40 spots are dedicated to the players/goalies. The remaining 20, would include coaches, managers, trainers, refs, timekeeper, etc.
- Capacity (Spectators)
- Spectator capacity varies by each location and rink.
- The following are the spectator capacities for each individual area at the Bell Sensplex:
- Mattamy Homes Arena: 500 spectators
- Canadian Tire Arena, Milk Up Arena & Brokerlink Arena: 200 spectators
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill: 100 customers
- The following are the spectator capacities for each individual area at the Richcraft Sensplex:
- Canadian Tire Arena: 450 spectators
- Potvin Arena: 300 spectators
- Milk Up Arena & HEO Arena: 100 spectators
- Stanley’s Bar & Grill: 125 customers
- Should there be more than the allowed spectators in any given arena, it is the responsibility of the contract holder to rectify the issue.
- Dressing Rooms and Masking
- Everyone in any area of the Sensplex must wear a mask, with the exception of players/coaches/instructors/referees on the ice, or while travelling between the dressing room and the ice. Coaches must wear a mask while on benches during games or scrimmages. Please also note that masks must be worn in dressing rooms at all times until helmets are put on.
- All participants must remain in their dressing area until it is time to go on the ice. There should be no one waiting on the bench or the arena doors before their ice time. This includes when the Zamboni is on the ice.
- Participants may use the dressing rooms to fully dress/undress, and showers may be used as well.
- Dressing rooms must be completely vacated 20 minutes after an ice time is completed.
If you have any questions or concerns that do not appear on this page, please email us at [email protected].