The Girls Advanced Skills summer program will feature top OSHP instructors delivering primarily group instruction and pushing competitive-calibre players through advanced skill development drills. This program also provide girls players with the perfect opportunity to get and stay sharp over the off-season with regular 1.5 hour blocks to ensure both conditioning and skill development.
Players should be capable of demonstrating a high level of focus (coachability) and be comfortable being pushed to execute drills properly and the high pace asked by our coaches.
Program will cover topics such as (but not limited to):
- Skating: Forwards stride, Backwards Stride, Starts, Stops, Lateral Mobility, Cross-overs, Cross-unders, quick feet
- Edge work: increasing balance, agility, and stride efficiency
- Puck control: open-ice, tight spaces, advanced skill handling maneuvres
- Shooting: quick-release, off-balance, and more
- Competitive Level OSHP Program
- Intended for competitive female players only. All registrations are subject to review to protect the advanced nature of this program.
- Advanced skill development in an uptempo and challenging environment
- Three exclusive sessions split by age & ability – MUST follow these guidelines to register:
- Group 1 (2009 to 2012 – consult specific levels chart)
- 2009 All competitive
- 2010 All competitive
- 2011 Atom BB, A, AA only
- 2012 Novice BB, A, AA only
- Group 3 (2006 to 2009 – consult specific levels chart)
- 2009 Peewee BB, A, AA Only
- 2008 Peewee BB, A, AA Only
- 2006-2007 Bantam Competitive
- This program will feature sixteen x 80-minute ice sessions featuring a combination of full-ice, high tempo flow drills, along with station work with a focus on individual skills which translate to enhanced game performance.
- Sessions will operate with a maximum of 12 players, primarily featuring a 4:1 player to instructor ratio, unless a specific session plan has different requirements.
- Program will run throughout July and August.
- Significant COVID-19 protocols will be followed for all players and coaches, and ALL sessions will be designed to ensure current physical distancing requirements are met.
PROGRAM DATES & TIMES
Group 1 (2009 to 2012) – July 27, 29, August 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 & 26 at 2:45 p.m.
Group 2 (2006 to 2009) – July 27, 29, August 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 & 26 at 5:45 p.m.
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As a result of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, the Sensplex facilities have instituted specific COVID-19 protocols to be followed by all participants and spectators. Please click here to see a list of new protocols.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.