The Girls Advanced Skills summer program will feature top OSHP instructors delivering primarily group instruction and pushing competitive-calibre players through advanced skill development drills. This program also provide girls players with the perfect opportunity to get and stay sharp over the off-season with regular 1.5 hour blocks to ensure both conditioning and skill development.
Players should be capable of demonstrating a high level of focus (coachability) and be comfortable being pushed to execute drills properly and the high pace asked by our coaches.
Program will cover topics such as (but not limited to):
- Skating: Forwards stride, Backwards Stride, Starts, Stops, Lateral Mobility, Cross-overs, Cross-unders, quick feet
- Edge work: increasing balance, agility, and stride efficiency
- Puck control: open-ice, tight spaces, advanced skill handling maneuvres
- Shooting: quick-release, off-balance, and more
- NEW Competitive Level OSHP Program
- Intended for competitive female players only. All registrations are subject to review to protect the advanced nature of this program.
- Advanced skill development in an uptempo and challenging environment
- Two exclusive sessions split by age & ability – MUST follow these guidelines to register:
- Group 1 (2008 to 2011 – consult specific levels chart)
- 2008 Peewee B or C (or Higher)
- 2009 Atom AA, A, BB, B or C (or AA average player)
- 2010 All Competitive
- 2011 All Competitive
- Group 2 & 3 (2005 to 2008 – consult specific levels chart)
- 2008 Peewee BB, A, AA Only
- 2007 Peewee Competitive
- 2005-06 Bantam Competitive
- July will feature seven x 80-minute ice sessions featuring a combination of full-ice, high tempo flow drills, along with station work with a focus on individual skills which translate to enhanced game performance.
- Per provincial government regulations (via HEO), sessions will originally be limited to a maximum of eight players featuring a 4:1 player to instructor ratio.
- Program will run throughout July and August. Registration today will pay for the seven July sessions only. This is to ensure no player is over-charged should public health restrictions allow for increased capacity in August. August costs will be provided at a later date and all players registered for July will be given priority access to confirm their place in future sessions prior to other invitees and the general public.
- Significant COVID-19 protocols will be followed for all players and coaches, and ALL sessions will be designed to ensure 100% physical distancing requirements are met.
- Cost: $565 (< $55/hr)
PROGRAM DATES & TIMES
Girls Advanced Skills Schedule (July)
Girls Advanced Skills Schedule (August) – Coming soon!
RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As a result of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, the Sensplex facilities have instituted specific COVID-19 protocols to be followed by all participants and spectators. Please click here to see a list of new protocols.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.