The Ottawa Senators® Hockey Programs are dedicated to continuing to provide the local hockey community with skill development programs that will compliment each player. It is for this exact reason that we have decided to introduce a select set of new specialty clinics to our youth hockey program lineup for the Summer of 2024. Join our professionally-trained development staff on the ice for sessions that are specifically designed to improve individual skills that all participants need to take their game to the next level. Each week will focus on new skills/techniques taught to participants. Register for all 6 weeks or drop in on the session of your choice! Please see below for when specific sessions will be offered.
Pro-rated sessions and a limited number of drop-in arrangements are available. Please email us at [email protected] for details and options.
Is the program you are looking for full? Join our Senators Hockey Program Waitlist
|2009 to 2012
|$230 for all 6 events, $40 for Drop in
|Monday’s at 7pm-7:50pm
|July 8, 15, 22, 29, Aug 12, 19
|This program is open to players of all skill levels.
Essential Defensive Skills: Offered on July 8 & Aug 12 at 7:00pm
The ability for a defenseman or defensive forward to retrieve pucks, control the puck while skating backwards, and always shooting with a purpose, is integral for their position. This specialty session will increase the players comfortability with these skills and provide elite tips and suggestions to improve their overall defensive game. The following are the primary skills that will be focused on:
– Offensive and defensive retrievals
– Getting off the walls fast
– Situational awareness when retrieving (Shoulder checks, head on a swivel)
– Timing / Maintaining footspeed
– Shooting with eyes up and with a purpose
– Skating backwards while controlling a puck
In-Tight Scoring: Offered on July 15 & Aug 19 at 7:00pm
Scoring goals only becomes more difficult as you progress through the ranks. Most goals are scored within the blue paint or within small windows in the slot. This session will focus on increasing scoring IQ close to the net, adjusting positioning for rebounds, and working on quick release shooting. The following are the primary skills that will be focused on:
– Scoring in-tight to the net both above and below the goal line
– Quick release shooting in the slot
– Understanding reads / goalie positioning
– Adjusting body & stick positioning when recovering rebounds
– Creating space around the net to increase scoring chances
– Locating and settling bouncing pucks
Angling & Stick Checking: Offered on July 22 at 7:00pm
No matter what level of hockey you play, one of the greatest skills to perfect is angling. Being able to angle and separate player from puck, can be the difference between you and another player, making the higher levels. The following are the primary skills that will be focused on:
– Proper angling techniques & purpose of angling
– Matching the speed of the puck carrier
– Understanding closing the gap and limiting time and space
– Driving through the hands and stick for separation
Creating Time & Space: Offered on July 29 at 7:00pm
This program focuses on giving skaters the tools to create their own time and space by working on cutbacks, delays, and protecting the puck in tight spaces. Skaters will do this at a game like pace to increase their recognition of these opportunities come game time.
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.
CoachThem is the official practice planning and drill design software of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Programs.