The OSAHL Seniors League is the finest of its kind, operating Tuesday and Thursday mornings (September – March) from 9:30 – 11:00 a.m. The league operates in a fun, structured atmosphere using certified officials. All participants must be a minimum of 50 years of age, and may register to participate on any or all days. Players of all skill levels are welcome to participate!
- Skaters – $446
- Goaltenders – $55
- COMING SOON!
- Anticipated Start Dates – Tuesday September 22nd and Thursday September 24 (subject to change)
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- All games are played at the Bell Sensplex (Kanata) using 1.5 hour blocks
- One (1) certified referee per ice-time
- Rosters are created by league convener prior to each game day
- All players must own both a dark and a light jersey (recommended colours Red & White)
- Players may be required to play both Forward and Defense
LEAGUE RESPONSE TO COVID-19
- League Restrictions
- In accordance with Phase 3 protocols, the league is restricted to a maximum of 25 players on the ice at one time.
- Rule Modifications
- No faceoffs, even to start the game (home team starts with the puck). The change of possession rule occurs in the following situations that would normally result in a faceoff:
- OUT OF PLAY – Dead puck and change of possession
- OFFSIDE – Dead puck and change of possession
- DELAYED OFF_SIDES – all players must clear the offensive zone to the neutral zone before re-attacking in the offensive zone
- GOAL SCORED – Dead puck and change of possession.
- GOALIE FREEZES PUCK – Dead puck and change of possession
- ICING – Dead puck and change of possession
- Immediate penalty for ALL intentional physical contact (2nd offense – game ejection, 3rd offense – league suspension with no refund)
- All minor penalties will result in a penalty shot
- Any major penalty or game misconduct will lead to automatic removal from the league with no refund and no ability to replace that player on the team roster
- DO NOT spit
- DO NOT remove any equipment – full equipment (including player gloves) must be worn at all times
- Building Restrictions
- Participants must wear a mask throughout the building until they are leaving their dressing room to go onto the ice. Masks must be re-worn immediately following the game.
- Participants will be permitted to get dressed/undressed in the dressing rooms however the shower facilities will not be available.
- Participants will only be admitted to the facility 20 minutes prior to their ice time
- Groups must vacate the dressing rooms within 10 minutes of getting off the ice.
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times
- All participants will be screened upon entry
- If a participant is feeling unwell, they should not attend an activity
- If a participant has underlying conditions that may cause COVID-19 symptoms to be displayed (ex. seasonal allergies or asthma), they should notify league staff in advance
- Any player who becomes ill or exhibits possible COVID-19 symptoms during the activity must:
- STOP the activity
- LEAVE the playing surface
- WEAR a mask until they are able to leave the facility (which should be as soon as possible)
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].