Dana’s experience as a competitive minor hockey coach and skill development specialist is only surpassed by his extensive and impressive resume as a player.
Dana was a standout offensive player with the Nepean Jr A Raiders of the CJHL for two seasons from 1992 to 1994. After leading the league in goals (56 goals in 56 games, to go along with 118 total points) in 1993-94, he received a full athletic scholarship from Clarkson University where he went on to play for four years of NCAA Division I hockey.
He continues to coach and run skill development sessions for teams from across the region and believes in a skill development first approach to coaching minor hockey teams. He is adept at delivering instruction to players of all ages and abilities, and is an ideal fit to help push SSHD AAA players to new heights this season.
We are proud to present Dana as another top quality non-parent Team Head Coach with the SSHD AAA program.
Highlights and Additional Qualifications:
– NCCP Development I Certified Coach
– Player with Nepean Jr A Raiders of the CJHL (Top scoring rookie in 1992-93, league leader in goals scored and a first team all-start in 93-94)
– Drafted by the Kitchener Rangers (OHL)
– Clarkson University (NCAA Div I) player for four years
– Played professional hockey in the ECHL and AHL, including leading team in goals and points, and being named to the all-star team during his rookie year in the ECHL (1998-2000)
– Attended NHL Edmonton Oilers Training Camp (99)
Extensive competitive coaching experience including current positions as AC of Gloucester Rangers Minor Midget AA, as well as Head and Assistant Coach positions with the Nepean Wildcats, and Pro Hockey Development Group (Toronto).