There is no better way for kids to have fun learning how to skate than with everybody’s favorite mascot: Sparty!
The Sparty Learn 2 Skate Camp will work to achieve success in all six (6) of the levels listed below.
|LEVEL 1||– Falling down|
– Getting up
– Balancing on two feet
– Turning on the spot
– Skating forwards (walking)
|LEVEL 2||– Forward 2 foot glide|
– Forward sculling (bubbles)
– Forward sliding touching toes
– Backward skating (walking)
– Forward stopping (snowplow, 1/2 snowplow)
|LEVEL 3||– Backward sculling (bubbles)|
– 2 foot turn, forward to backwards
– Forward 1 foot glide (both feet)
– Backward stopping (snowplow, 1/2 snowplow)
– Skating forwards – 2 foot jump
|LEVEL 4||– 5 consecutive crossovers|
– 2 foot glide to 1 foot
– 2 foot jump (forward-backward & backward-forward)
– Backward skating
– Forward to backward skating on circle
|LEVEL 5||– Back crossovers (walking)|
– 5 consecutive crossovers
– Forward to backward sculling
– 2 foot jump (forward – back & back to forward)
– 2 foot turning on a curve
|LEVEL 6||– 2 foot side stop both ways|
– Slalom forward and backward
– Backward gliding on curve (1 foot)
– Inside edges forward
– Consecutive back crossovers
Please note that we will have at least one bilingual instructor with each camp group at the Richcraft Sensplex to accommodate all participants.
If your child is finishing up with our current learn to skate program or a similar program elsewhere, it’s time to think about moving them to the next level! Once a child graduates from the Sparty Learn 2 Skate program, they are encouraged to take the next steps in our Intro 2 Hockey Camp, which takes place at both the Bell Sensplex & Richcraft Sensplex. The Intro 2 Hockey program is quite simply the best way to introduce little ones to the world’s greatest game!
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.