Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING 2020 SUMMER HOCKEY CAMPS
As a result of restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in order to ensure the safest possible environment for all staff, participants, and our community, all July camps have been cancelled in their current format. Many programs have been added in their place. Some details are below, while registration for any remaining spaces will open on June 22 or 23.
Our team has worked diligently to create a fresh new “COVID-friendly” line-up of ice-only and half-day summer hockey “camps” and programs in their place, which will allow for physical distancing, delivery of exceptional instruction, and a premium development experience, all at the region’s best facilities. We remain dedicated to being your best choice for summer development during these unprecedented times.
How will this affect July camp registrations already in place?
If you have a current registration for one of our July hockey camps, watch your e-mail on Thursday, June 18. Capacities for each July camp and ice-only program will originally be restricted to just eight participants, meaning availability will be highly limited. Participants will be given weblinks to register in the replacement program of their choice (subject to availability) along with a promo code to reduce the fee to $0 (nil). Program staff will review each zero dollar registration and automatically transfer money paid towards any other July camp, towards the newly selected camp or program. You are under no obligation to register for one of the new camps or programs. A full refund or credit will be issued upon request.
How will this affect August camp registrations already in place?
Our August hockey camp details are under review and will be dictated by provincial guidelines and the ever-changing landscape we are all dealing with during the COVID-19 pandemic. Where possible, dates and features will remain as close as possible to original pre-pandemic conditions, however the health and safety of our participants and staff and the restrictions in place with hockey development will dictate that. At this point, it is highly unlikey that we will return to full-day camps this summer, meaning those who are counting on full-day camp features, are welcome to request a refund and look for one of the alternate full-day programs offered by the City of Ottawa. Full details on City of Ottawa summer programming may be found here. We anticipate an announcement regarding all August camps by early July.
What camps and programs will be offered in July?
We continue to offer programs for elite, competitive, and recreational level players with an enhanced lineup focused on addressing the increased demand and limited supply for competitive players. A detailed description of all camps will be available soon. Camp types:
- Essential Skills (60 minutes daily): A recreational level ice-only camp focused on improving all skills needed to enjoy hockey more than ever before. For players of all abilities born 2007 to 2012.
- OSHP Advanced Skills (75 minutes daily): A demanding program requiring a high level of focus and effort designed exclusively for players who played competitive hockey during the 2019-20 season (or Tier II/Novice A for 2011-born players). For players born 2006 to 2011.
- Power Edge Pro Elite (60 minutes daily): An extremely challenging program offered exclusively to Tier I and II (A, AA, AAA) level players (Rep B and all House League levels are ineligible for PEP Elilte). For players born 2004 to 2010 only. At the 2010 age group, only Tier I players are eligible.
- Senators Shooting & Scoring by Brad Smyth (60 minutes daily): An ice-only camp with all ice sessions designed and led by AHL Hall of Famer and former Ottawa Senators forward, Brad Smyth. This premium camp will help players develop shooting skills needed to fill the net, in a truly individualized setting conducive to giving exceptional development to players from advanced to elite. Three groups separated by age for players born from 2005 to 2011.
- Sens Goalie Camp by Scott Greenham (90 minutes daily): Any advanced ice-only camp with all ice sessions designed and led by former AHL Senators goaltender and current OSHP Head Goaltending Consultant, Scott Greenham. For competitive goaltenders only born from 2006 to 2011.
- Shooting & Puck Control (60 minutes daily): An ice-only camp designed to help players shoot with greater quickness, accuracy, and power, and the confidence to control the puck in all situations. For players born from 2007 to 2012 of all levels.
- Performance & Power Skating (60 minutes daily): An ice-only camp designed to push participants to become more efficient, balanced, agile, and powerful skaters that will challenge players of all abilities. For players born from 2007 to 2012 of all levels.
- Dominant Defender (75 minutes daily): An ice-only camp focused on developing the skills needed to dominate from the back end next season. Designed for competitive players expecting to play Defense during the upcoming season. For players born from 2006 to 2010.
- Extreme Stickhandling (60 minutes daily): An ice-only camp designed to have a significant impact on stickhandling abilities by focusing solely on stationary and in-motion techniques. For advanced players who already possess above-average skating abilities born from 2007 to 2012.
- Girls Shooting & Scoring (60 minutes daily): An ice-only camp designed specifically with the development needs of female players in mind, which will improve shooting and puck handling techniques and help them capitalize on net front opportunities. For girls born from 2008 to 2011.
Half Day Camps
- Complete Player Development Camp (75 minute ice time + off-ice development = 3.5 hours daily): A recreational level half-day camp focused on improving all skills needed to enjoy hockey more than ever before and featuring off-ice training and puck skills sessions to greatly enhance overall development. For players of all abilities born 2008 to 2011.
- Girls Only Camp (75 minute ice time + off-ice development = 3.5 hours daily): A camp for female players only focused on improving all skills needed to enjoy hockey more than ever before and featuring off-ice training and puck skills sessions to greatly enhance overall development. For girls of all abilities born 2008 to 2011.
- Competitive Player Camp (90 minute ice time + off-ice development = 4 hours daily): A demanding program for players who played competitive hockey during the 2019-20 season (or Tier II/Novice A for 2011-born players) designed to increase overall skills while being pushed to execute with maximum effort and focus. For players born 2008 to 2011.
A note for members of the Senators Spring AAA Hockey Development Club
Our Senators Spring AAA Hockey Development teams will be on the ice for advanced individual skill development practices twice a week starting in early July and continuing through the end of August (or whenever tryouts for 2020-21 minor hockey for each level begin, if earlier). Further details will be communicated by email.
2020 Summer Hockey Camp Weeks
- Week 1 – July 6-10 – Ice Only
- Week 2 – July 13-17 – Ice Only
- Week 3 – July 20-24 – Ice Only & Half-Day Camps
- Week 4 – July 27-31 – Ice Only & Half-Day Camps
- Week 5 – Aug 4-7* (4 Day Camps) – TBD
- Week 6 – Aug 10-14 – TBD
- Week 7 – Aug 17-21 – TBD
- Week 8 – Aug 24-28 – TBD
- Week 9 – Sept 1-3* (3 Day Evening Camps)
2020 Camp Locations
West-end camps take place at the Bell Sensplex, unless otherwise indiciated (Cavanagh Sensplex = CSP). East-end camps take place at the Richcraft Sensplex. Please use the individual camp links below for further details on each camp. Should you still have questions regarding the on-ice curriculum of any camp, please contact us at [email protected]
The Ottawa Senators Hockey Camps develop better players and better people in a safe, fun and supportive environment. We do this through effective, valuable, and relevant programming delivered by the best trained and most inspiring group of staff anywhere. We don’t guarantee perfection, however we are committed to professionally, courteously, and thoroughly resolving any and all issues which may arise to the satisfaction of our guests and our own high standards. We strive to be the very best hockey camp as nothing but the best is reflective of the Senators brand we represent. To that end, we constantly evaluate and evolve, implementing enhancements to camp curriculum, staff training, and more; never resting on what we have done and always looking at ways to be even better. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience, please contact us at [email protected].
Visit our testimonials page and view what others have had to say about our camps.
Ottawa Senators Summer Hockey Camps – Code of Conduct & Policies
Refund Policy: Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.
*Please note that all camp features described on this page or any camp-specific page are subject to change without notice.