Is your child anxious to skate, but not quite ready to do it on their own?
The Sparty Parent & Tot program is perfect for you then! Sessions run for 12-weeks where you will join your child on the ice in skates to help our instructors introduce them to skating.
This unique program is offered Monday afternoons at the Bell Sensplex and Wednesday evenings at the Richcraft Sensplex
Parents will be required to wear helmets, and they must be able to skate. Our coaches will be on ice co-instructing your child, as they develop their skills during our weekly one-hour session.
There is no better way for kids to have fun learning how to skate than with everybody’s favorite mascot … Sparty!
- With the city’s very best instructors and a low ratio of instructors to students, we believe this is the best learn to skate program anywhere.
- Children will have the opportunity to skate with their friend Spartacat. He will visit the class once per season to demonstrate drills, assist participants, and, most of all, have fun!
- Each participant will receive a Sparty Certificate at the completion of the session to celebrate the new skills that they have learned.
- Please register online in order to secure your spot.
Please see the dates and time for all groups listed below.
- 12 Week Program
- 50 minute class (plus 10-minute off-ice warm up)
- Ages: 3+
- Cost: See below!
Program Dates and Times
- Monday, January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3, 10, *19, 24, March 2, 9, 23, 30
- Please note, there will be no session March 16th.
- Please note, due to Family Day the session on February 17th will be moved to Wednesday, February 19th.
- Wednesday, January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26, March 4, 11, 25, April 1
- Please note, there will be no session March 18th.
- Monday, Apil 6, *15, 20, 27, May 4, 11, *20, 25, June 1, 8, 15, 22 – Coming soon!
- Please note, due to Easter the session on April 13th will be moved to Wednesday, April 15th.
- Please note, due to Victoria Day the session on May 18th will be moved to Wednesday, May 20th.
- Wednesday, April 8, 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27, June 3, 10, 17, 24 – Coming soon!
For the child:
- CSA Approved helmet with full cage is mandatory
- Winter gloves (no hockey gloves)
- Warm clothing – e.g. splash pants or snow pants overtop of track pants, jacket and or sweater
For the parent:
- CSA Approved Helmet
- Comfortable clothing (all skin must be covered)
- Mitts or winter gloves are recommended
Refund Policy:Read our Refund & Cancellation Policy.
Registration Link: Click here to register for the Sparty Learn 2 Skate Parent & Tot program!