As a result of restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in order to ensure the safest possible environment for all staff, participants, and our community, a modified league format is available for the 2020 summer season.
*NOTE* Due to the league’s limited capacity, please be aware that initial registrations are subject to review prior to acceptance. If a team registration should be declined, the deposit will be refunded in full.
- August – September, 2020
- Bell Sensplex
- Tuesday August 11, 18, 25, September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- Richcraft Sensplex
- Thursday August 13, 20, 27, September 3, 10, 17, 24, October 1
- $2200.00 ($2486.00 including HST)
- $565.00 deposit (due upon registration)
- Due to the league’s extremely limited capacity, initial registrations are subject to review prior to acceptance. Should a team registration be declined, the deposit will be refunded in full.
- $1921.00 (due within 48 hours of acceptance to the league)
- If team payment is not received in full (Mastercard/Visa) within 48 hours of acceptance, the team will be removed from the league.
**PLEASE NOTE** Payment can only be accepted via credit card (VISA/Mastercard)
- 8 game season (including playoffs)
- 4-on-4 hockey with COVID friendly modified rules
- Game length:
- 2 minute warm up
- 2 – 18 minutes run time periods
- 1 minute half time
League Response to COVID-19
- Division Restrictions
- In accordance with Phase 3 protocols, teams will be divided into divisions of no more than 50 players (4 teams).
- Players may only play on one team as they are not permitted to play against players outside of their division.
- Roster Restrictions
- Teams may only dress 10 players per game.
- Recommended roster size is 10 players. Rosters may not exceed 12 players (including goaltenders).
- Rosters must be sent to league officials prior to the first game of the season and may not be changed at any time.
- If necessary, spares may be sourced from another team in your division but players are not permitted to cross over divisions. This would be the responsibility of the team representative.
- Rule Modifications
- Fines will be levied for the following reasons:
- Forfeit – $200.00
- Failure to produce a goaltender – $100.00
- No faceoffs, even to start the game (home team starts with the puck). The change of possession rule occurs in the following situations that would normally result in a faceoff:
- OUT OF PLAY – Dead puck and change of possession
- OFFSIDE – Dead puck and change of possession
- DELAYED OFF_SIDES – all players must clear the offensive zone to the neutral zone before re-attacking in the offensive zone
- GOAL SCORED – Dead puck and change of possession.
- GOALIE FREEZES PUCK – Dead puck and change of possession
- ICING – Dead puck and change of possession
- Immediate penalty for ALL intentional physical contact (2nd offense – game ejection, 3rd offense – league suspension with no refund)
- All minor penalties will result in a penalty shot
- Any major penalty or game misconduct will lead to automatic removal from the league with no refund and no ability to replace that player on the team roster
- DO NOT spit
- DO NOT remove any equipment – full equipment (including player gloves) must be worn at all times
- Building Restrictions
- Participants must wear a mask throughout the building until they are leaving their dressing room to go onto the ice. Masks must be re-worn immediately following the game.
- Participants must arrive full dressed other than skates, helmets, gloves (NO full size bags)
- Goalies must come partially dressed
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times
- All participants will be screened upon entry
- If a participant is feeling unwell, they should not attend an activity
- If a participant has underlying conditions that may cause COVID-19 symptoms to be displayed (ex. seasonal allergies or asthma), they should notify league staff in advance
- Any player who becomes ill or exhibits possible COVID-19 symptoms during the activity must:
- STOP the activity
- LEAVE the playing surface
- WEAR a mask until they are able to leave the facility (which should be as soon as possible)
As a result of the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, the Sensplex facilities have instituted specific COVID-19 protocols to be followed by all participants and spectators. Please click here to see the full list of new protocols.