Returning for its third incredible season after a successful debut in 2020 and expansion in 2021, we are excited to host the 2022 Sensplex Spring AAA League! It will provide local competitive hockey players a great chance to play in competitive games. What an incredibly convenient way to give your team the equivalent of three tournaments over five weekends for a lower cost, and located at premiere Sensplex facilities; all operated by the most professional team of hockey event experts anywhere.
The framework for this league was built carefully after considering COVID-19 best practices, and liaising with competitive hockey parents, and coaches from our region; all with the goal of coming up with a plan that meets the needs of public health and safety, AND that gets kids on the ice.
- The anticipated start date for the league is Friday, April 8, however some teams may not begin until the 15th or 22nd of April depending on bye weekends which are scheduled for some divisions.
- Games will be played on weekends only. League weekends will be April 8-10, 15-17, 22-24, Apr. 29-May 1, May 6-8. Each team will receive one bye weekend (no games on that weekend), plus Easter Weekend (Apr. 15-17). Easter weekend would only be used if minor hockey leagues are extended into April causing conflicts with the anticipated start.
- League management will accept bye weekend requests, but we cannot guarantee that we can honour all requests. Please submit requests as early as possible should your team have conflicts with spring tournament play.
- Teams will play a combined total of 12 games, concluding with a league championship weekend. Teams will play four games per weekend. Championship weekends will be either April 29-May 1 or May 6-8 depending on the division.
- Games will be played 5-on-5 + goalie on full ice for all divisions, with the exception of 2015 (U7) which will be played 4-on-4 + goalie on a half-ice surface divided using professional rink boards.
- Rosters will be restricted to a maximum of 17 players, unless government or public health guidelines mandate differently.
- Body checking will be permitted at the U13 division and up (2006 to 2009).
- All teams must have undergone a body-checking clinic to ensure the safety of their players and opponents.
- The total cost to participate in this league will be just $2,743.36 +HST ($3,100 per team) for the equivalent of three tournaments. (a $500 deposit must be paid upon enrollment, with the remaining balance being paid no later than 1 month prior to the start of the season)
- A maximum of four bench staff may be on the bench. In this group of 4 people, at least one certified coach must provide an NCCP Coaching Number on their application and be present for all games, and one certified trainer must be on the bench as well.
- Each team must be able to provide proof of insurance for their program, which will be requested electronically prior to the season begins.
- All games will be played at one of our three premium Sensplex facilities (Bell, Cavanagh, Richcraft)
- Prizing will be awarded to championship teams.
Game Format and Rules:
To be posted here upon league start-up
Questions – send an email to [email protected] or give us a call at 613-599-0227.